Friday, February 13, 2009

Why the "Sleeping Giant" ?

The term ' sleeping giant' - has been used in fairy tales to denote the awakening of something that is evil at the core and overwhelming in size. Why then, I kept asking myself, do I hear God saying that phrase to me: Time to wake the sleeping giant.

So....I began to research the term ' sleeping giant'...and I found that over and over, I kept coming across this definition: one that has great but unrealized or newly emerging power .

I've been sensing that God is speaking in terms of those among us, that have fallen asleep. We've been lulled into a sleep or complacency about many things, but especially about prayer. Somehow we've forgotten the power of prayer...and especially forgotten what happens when God's people pray, together - the prayer of agreement.

I believe that there is a large untapped army, awaiting a time of awakening to the voice of God - calling them to pray. And when we pray as one....when we pray 'in agreement' for the things on God's heart - well....things will happen! We'll see mountains move.

But for now, we are ' one that has great but unrealised power'. Don't think the enemy doesn't know it too! He has taken advantage of our 'sleep'....our 'slumber', but there is a sound out there - a voice crying ' Wake up!'...." Awake!"

......And slowly....ears are hearing .....

This blog is going to be used to post articles on the awakening call to prayer . The sound of intercessors rallying back to the Wall to stand their posts. Plus the sounds of the new recruits, who are crying out ' Teach us how to pray' . Tonight I came from a prayer meeting with 4 young women in the their 20's - who just want to know how to pray - and how to understand their own prayer burdens. What a joy to be a part of that! To be able to impart and share what God has been showing me on my own prayer journey, and what my prayer mentors have passed on to me! There is something stirring in the youth...and the young adults! God let it be! God, give us the gift of hunger!

It's an exciting season we're in. Something is stirring.......is anyone else feeling it? I'd love to hear from you!


No comments:

Post a Comment