Monday, February 20, 2012

Move over.....

There does seem to be more and more people sensing a new stirring in prayer! That to me is so exciting. At the same time, I can see where I beleive the next challenge will be!

There have been a number of moves of prayer, since I started praying. Each move has gotten it's own style and in some cases, even it's own language.  Each move has brought an increased awareness of prayer and revealed more understanding of the power of prayer. The other thing I love, is that most of the moves I've been in have either increased the personal power of prayer, or the corporate power of prayer. Soooooooooo...that's all good, right?

The one thing I think we, as prayer people need to be aware of is, NOT to hang onto our personal styles and in doing so, MISS a new move of God.  Sometimes that 'last move'...needs to move over, and make room for the 'new move'. We as older intercessors have got to let the generation express themselves in their language . We should act as mentors, and resources...and God willing, partners in the new move -willing to come alongside and be a part of the new season.  It's hard tho. So often we are comfortable in how 'we' pray. We can become so comfortable in fact, that we try to train the new move to be exactly like the one that's already passed . We need to be careful that that we try to 'put on' an old garment because it's familar to us, when in actuality God is trying to do a NEW THING!  You know the scripture,''behold I do a new thing, do you not percieve it?" 

When this next wave hits....we need to, as older intercessors, ask God what our role will be and how to fit into the new season. I don't want to be passed by because I can adapt to the new thing! I don't want to not recognize the new thing, because I'm waiting for the old to keep reappearing!

Let's be prepared to 'move over'...and make room for the new thing...and all those amazing new and young intercessors God wants to raise up. THIS IS the answer to our prayers! Don't let style..and language or fear of change,  make us miss it....

No comments:

Post a Comment